Sunday, 13 May 2007

Happy Mothers Day.

Today is a day for all mothers, regardless of age -
A celebration for their existence.

To mummy, this is for you.

Thank you for the past 18 years.
For all the joy, tears and laughter you've brought me.
For bringing me to this world.

Thank you for being so patient with me.
You tolerated
my seperation anxiety as a toddler,
my hyperactive character as a child,
my angst as a teenager.

Thank you for sacrificing your nights for me.
To put me to bed when I was afraid of the dark.
To help me with my recital costumes, homework etc,
To make sure I went to bed early.

Thank you for being my friend.
Where I could confide in you for
friendship disasters,
nasty teachers,
relationships.

Thank you for making me healthy.
The yummy meals 3 times a day.
The tonics during exams.
The herbal drinks when I was ill.
The pyjamas to keep me warm at night.

Thank you for being my mummy.

For if you didn't exist (as well as daddy),
I would never be who I am today.

No comments: