I'm burnt, like a roasted chicken. My arms are aching like how they ached 3 years ago at Sentosa. Which isn't exactly what I would like to think about now.
And suddenly a random thought popped into my head.
Analogy of the day: breakups are like sun burns.
When you first get a sun burn, you don't feel it, your skin just numbs and radiates heat.
When you first breakup, it doesn't really sink in, your heart just numbs as well and you get heart palpitations while trying to fall asleep.
A few days later, the pain of the sun burn starts to set in, like how a heartache sets in subsequently when you think of all the things of what you could do and what you should not have done and most importantly how could it and why did it happen.
And once the pain finally goes away for a while, your sun burn leaves a tan mark. Like how a heartbreak would leave a scar in your life, something you wished never had happened and something you regret after bad tanlines.
And finally when all the pain goes away, your skin will peel, regenerating a new layer of fresh skin. Likewise, when a heartbreak heals, you move on with life, find yourself again, and start a new chapter in your life.
Good analogy right?
And the pain of the sun burn still lingers on for me.
And my brain isn't letting me off when I'm asleep either, not as if I'd had enough in real time. Just like when I'm asleep, I can still feel the pain of the sheets against my arms.
I think I've had enough. I'm really tired of this. So much so its got my nose running again.
Till then, I shall find who I am again.
No comments:
Post a Comment