Thursday, 9 July 2009


As I lay down on my bed next to the window,
The cool wind from the approaching storm brushes against my face.
The sound of thunder like an orchestra of drums,
lightning flashing like time ticking away on a clock.
I close my eyes and an image comes to my mind,
And out of the blue I feel as if I'm sent through a time machine,
Into a past I wished I never knew and never had at times.
I saw a future in that image I see,
But now it has settled like dust made from history.
Sometimes I wonder why God made me go through this,
And sometimes I know why.
Perhaps one door closes for another better one to open,
Or maybe it is a test to find my true self.
On most days I find strength and hope.
But on others I feel loss.
As I go through this journey of uncertainty,
I thank you God for being there for me as I pray to you every night.

Alas, the rain has come.
For me to dance in with my wellies.
A dance of hope and joy,
And celebration of life.

No comments: