Monday, 20 July 2009

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us"
Helen Keller


When a rough patch hits us, we often dwell on the past - its causes and reason.
Over the past week or months, I feel as if I've been through a decade.
I've been thinking about countless things.
The way I am and the way people perceive me.
Often, my temper gets in the way of me.
But somehow, I've mellowed since May - like that of aged wine.
I realised it has been very peaceful at home.
And I've been opening up a lot to my family.
Though many friends worry that I keep to myself.
Its as if I'm being reconnected to all of them once more.
I've started to appreciate every single detail around me.
And I'm feeling very blessed have what I have.

Is this what they call...
Enlightenment?

No comments: