Sunday, 9 August 2009


Ballet.
It's amazing how I can a love-hate relationship with it.


I love it so much that I can't live without it for it fills my life with so much fun and joy.
I breathe, live, eat and dream ballet.
I can't do without a week of dancing ballet.
The beauty it brings out in dancers - the arched foot, the long extensions and its flexibility.
And the joy of teaching it brings.


Yet,
I hate it for consuming my life sometimes.
Because I put ballet on top of most things, including school and sometimes people.
For injuring my body and therefore making me suffer life long aches.
And for the nonsense I have to endure with children who don't love ballet as much as I do.


I must say that ballet is a great foundation for strength and discipline in the dance world.
Nothing can replace the foundations of a life long ballet education from a tender age of 4.


And I'm amazed at how amazing our brain works.
My teacher herself can remember in 100% detail - 9 graded syllabus, 4 vocational syllabus, and all the PE dances she choreographs.
I remember them too except for Grade 7 and Interfoundation which have a slight impression.
And today she remembered a certain handy helper who transported her things from the ballet shop to her car half a year back. And thought that the handy helper was the audience of the second ticket I purchased for my performance on Monday. Unfortunately not, it will never be. Since Mr Leong bought the ticket. Or more like I bought it. Who's bullying the poor student here.


SHANGRI-LA HOTEL
1st September
Genee Gala Dinner
(With Darcey Bussell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)


A new good memory to replace the old one of its purpose - can't wait.

No comments: