Wednesday, 9 September 2009

おくりびと
O-ku-ri-bu-to
Departures.

What does a departure mean to you?

Is it just a person leaving the departure hall of the airport bound for another country?
Is it of someone close to you that leaves you? Be it an hour, a day or for a very long time?
Is it a death or passing of someone you know?
Is it just a simple idea of leaving a place, a venue, a person, a time frame?

Why is it that life treats us with such unfairness.
Taking away something or someone, making that object depart from us.
I understand that there are no explanations for certain happenings.
But I never fail to ask, Why Why Why.

As we grow older, we get closer to the date where we'll depart from this place.
And the message I want to put across is not to dwell on the departure of a loved one,
But instead open your eyes, your heart, your soul.
And you'll really see much more to this world.
-I've learnt.

And as we grow older,
The people around us do too,
And that would mean the time we are able to spend with them decreases.
So please, it is not a question of 'I'm not free and I can't'
The answer is 'Do you want to or not?'

Don't make excuses.


Disclaimer: I'm not angry, frustrated or depressed. I'm just reflective.

No comments: