As I count down the last 7 hours of being 20,Let us go back in time and look at how the last 20 years has been.
I came to this world with much coincidence.
Sometimes, I was regarded as God's gift, unplanned.
Yet my unplanned entry to this world was contemplated,
If I was going to put health and life at risk,
Perhaps, I wouldn't be typing right now.
Yet we made it through,
Making mummy crave for chicken rice, fanta grape and no morning sickness.
So you see, I was thought to have chromosome 23 XY.
And so, Dad's company could pay for the suite then.
Allowing my sisters to bring their nintendo set and plug it in while I lay in that plastic bed.
And I was named such because of my darling sisters.
They had intended for my name to carry some form of gracefulness.
I have fulfilled it partly but I'm always being made fun of for prancing around, like an alliephant.
Chilhood.
I grew up with a memory of big sisters.
Never really had a playmate except for my darling Jennifer.
And when she left for USA, I was really devastated.
Like every other child, I was exposed to everything possible.
Chinese drama, music, dance, school.
And I grew up with the love for ballet.
(PS: Joakim Jude Gomez was my kindergarten classmate and my concert partner!)
As for school, it passed by like a blur.
School life for me was filled with much girl culture.
And I'm really proud of it.
All along, I always felt the pressure to excel.
Perhaps it was because my parents had all their hopes pinned on me.
I failed my own expectations, to pick it up again.
And then I worried for myself and hung in there.
I made it again and I'm where I am, still striving on.
But I've realised in years, all they wanted was for me to be happy, safe, secure and grow up with well taught values.
I've made it thus far, and I'll do all I can to make them proud.
I've always been labelled as the girl who doesn't have to worry.
But underneath that pristine image, I worry all the time.
I'm sure some of you understand why.
Life has brought me round and round.
Particularly the past half a year.
I'm not getting younger anymore.
And I'm not the same as I used to be.
Life has been amusing,
And I'm looking forward to see the future chapters of my life unfold,
Whether sweet or bitter.
Here's to having survived till now.
And to you, the reader.
Thank you, for being part of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment