Monday, 5 April 2010




As future physicians, ethics are important.
One of the 6 main medical ethics is - 'Truthfulness and Honesty'
To be a doctor, we can all study hard, grasp concepts really well.
But to be a good doctor, we must have EQ and ethics.

In a week, I saw the ugly side of classmates.
Ranging from the competitiveness of trying to get a place in professors' research for our FYP.
From the hush hush secrecy between friends about the choice of projects submitted.
From being a snob, not saying 'thank you's when the door is held for you.
For treating others like their beneath you.
For being extremely pretentious.
And for being untrue to oneself.

I'm not going to get emotional and go on complaining because it'll never end.
Instead, I'm terribly disappointed.
I trusted that you were sincerely apologetic.
I believed that you felt truly bad about it.
But now, I doubt myself in believing what you said.
I can pretend nothing has happened but in fact, whatever actions that were carried out today cannot be reversed.

I have only one thing to say, you may fool others but not yourself.
And this stops here, I don't wish to talk about it anymore.


No comments: