First thing, I want to cook home cooked food so badly. China food is oily and salty like its free. When they add salt and oil, it's like a heap of it. And it's not the table spoon, it's the chinese soup spoon.
And, milk and dairy products are so scarce here. Ice cream is not readily available and there are few varieties of milk. There isn't even Meiji. And yoghurt here is like a drink. It's not thick at all. No more cereal and yoghurt for breakfast.
One thing good about the Chinese is that, they can really walk. After a week of walking, I need to desperately get some walking shoes for summer. My timberlands are good but its warm on hot days. So its time to get some converses. :D
Well, my impression of Beijing so far is. Our mandarin pales in comparison. They talk so quickly and fluently. And the sentence structure of a 3 year old child is incredible. But I think they really have to improve in the traffic and cleanliness. Beijing traffic is insane. Pedestrians are never in the right of way and they don't seem to take pride in the cleanliness of their own city, what more their cars. Their cars are really dirty. And the die hard habit of spitting still exists even 2 years after the Beijing Olympics. Well, the Peking people aren't as unfriendly as most people stereotype them to be. But they can improve on their service much more. I'm not being unreasonable that as a customer I'm always right. But I believe, everyone should take pride in their job, whatever it may be. So there's no need for the grumpiness and the black faces sometimes.
So yes Beijing, though there seems to be a lot more greenery compared to 5 years ago, to be a global city, I think cleanliness is important, especially with pandemics like SARS and H1N1. I haven't been in the wards yet but the main hospital building seems....
Compared to Copenhagen Darren, I think their poles apart. But shopping here can be dirt cheap, even if its not the real thing.
Alright, I need to do some revision before I walk back to school.
Toodles.
No comments:
Post a Comment