Thursday, 4 June 2009

Believe in yourself,
the power you have to control your own life,
day by day.
Believe in the strength that you have deep inside,
and your faith will help show you the way.
Believe in tomorrow and what it will bring;
let a hopeful heart carry you through.
For things will work out if you trust and believe,
there is no limit to what you can do.

(Mrs Cherry Lim, 3/4Integrity 2003/4)

I dug this out while trying to clear my table for tomorrow's weekly housecleaning and remembered how inspired I was during my teenage years.
I remembered how my teachers believed in me and pushed me to reach for the best.
And recently without them, that motivational force has just disappeared into thin air.

And I feel that power coming back.
I'm learning to pick myself up after I fall.
I'm learning to be stronger.

For one, the power and strength at ballet has been amazing. I've been pushing my extensions to my limits, pirouettes have been easier. Although compared to others I might not be 100% wonderful but to my own standards, I'm proud of myself.

Advanced II RAD exams - here I come.

And I'm already excited about Year 3 in NTU.
Artistic - was how yinjia described my choices of electives.
Classical Guitar, Contemp Sculpturing, Performing Arts, Tourism.
And for maybe the first time, I'm looking forward to burying my head into my chinese classic texts. It'll be 100% focus for the last lap.

HERE I COME!

No comments: